“A properly grounded coffee produces strong and fresh flavored drink”. This statement is absolutely true because grinding your beans before brewing is a fine way to ensure a fresh batch of tasty beverages. As a result, a coffee grinder is most recommended for every espresso lover.
It comes in different sizes and produces grounds of various levels: fine, medium, and coarse. With a broad option of products available, we will review the top 3 brands in 2022. We will also discuss factors to consider before purchasing one. Let’s begin.
Top 3 Coffee Grinder Reviews
Here are 3 top brands you can choose from.
The Conical Burr is impressive as it operates with an automatic switch-on button and grinds into a stainless steel container. The container comes with a lid that has a hole that is big enough for the grounds to pass through without spilling.
The top container, which is where the beans are poured into, is made of UV-protection tint. It also has an air-tight lid that helps to preserve the flavor. It can hold up to a pound of beans, the highest in our best pick coffee grinders review.
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
The Breville Smart Grinder Pro comes with a beautiful design and has over 60 grind settings to produce grounds of diverse consistency. It can produce fine or coarse grinds based on what you want.
This equipment comes with a digital screen that helps you select your preferred grind size, brew time, as well as the brew size you want. It also comes with a cover for the lid in case you want to store the grounds. It has a capacity of 13 cups.
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
- 18 ounce coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
The Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill can produce grinds that are up to 18 types. It produces fine, medium, and coarse grinds that produce the finest espresso and brews.
The bottom container comes with a small hole where grounds pass through into the filter. It has a lid to save leftover grounds. The grinder also has a scoop and a brush that can be used to clean it easily.
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your...
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean...
Factors to Consider When Buying Coffee Grinders
With so many products available, you might be confused as to which would be best for you. So, we curated some factors to consider before purchasing one.
Capacity is an important factor to consider before buying a coffee grinder. Remember, a large-capacity machine doesn’t make it the best brand. Also, a smaller capacity machine is easy to maintain and use.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that having a large-capacity machine is bad. If you want to make coffee for many people, you may consider a large-capacity brand. But if it is just for you or a smaller group of persons, a brand with a small capacity is a better option.
Heat and Speed
Heat plays an important role in the taste of your drink. A higher temperature leads to a stronger taste, but a mild temperature can produce a strong-flavored drink. A professional barista and avid home brewer T. Grant recently shared his thoughts on how temperature can impact your experience of coffee.
This is also true in the case of coffee grinders. Burnt grounds will not produce a fresh-tasting beverage. Also, the speed of the machine can affect the heat it produces. If the grinder works at high-speed, it will cause the beans to burn.
High speed can also reduce the lifespan of the equipment. It is therefore advisable to buy equipment that has low-speed motors and can reduce heat when they produce grounds.
The material used in making the machine is also an important factor to consider. It could be made of stainless steel or ceramics. Stainless steel is easier to replace and less expensive to buy but ceramics are more expensive. Yet, a ceramic grinder is more durable than stainless steel.
If you love coffee, then it is recommended to buy ceramic grinders since they perform better in producing fine grounds. You can read this article to know more about the difference between both materials.
If you love coffee and you want to make it yourself, you will want to get a coffee grinder. We discussed the top 3 brands in 2022. Ensure that you keep in mind the factors discussed when you want to buy a coffee grinder.
Hi my name is Larry, a coffee aficionado from the US. I have already visited Colombia, Sumatra, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Jamaica in my pursuit of finding the best-tasting coffee beans. I currently write from Bali and enjoy the relaxed life that you can only find in Canggu. Welcome to my coffee world!
Last update on 2022-05-21 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.