A coffee machine is one of the most important kitchen appliances for any coffee lover. Having a coffee machine right at home makes it that much easier to get up in the morning and make yourself a fresh cup of coffee.
The only problem is that there are so many coffee machines in the market today, that it becomes impossible to choose the one that might be right for you. So what are some of the things that you should be looking out for when comes to choosing the best coffee machine to keep in your house?
Which Machine Is Better?
Our Winner: Keurig K250
You might have heard of one of the most common coffee machine brands out there in the market which is known as the Keurig. This brand is available all over the world and is priced at affordable rates to provide you with the best coffee machine possible.
This article will discuss two popular coffee machines: the Keurig K250 and the Keurig K55 are two Keurig models that are very different and we will discuss the key differences that exist between them. With so many differences, it can become difficult to choose which one might be the correct coffee machine for you.
What is the Keurig K250 Plus and what makes it special?
Many get confused when deciding which model to purchase when it comes to choosing from these two options. However, by examining the pros and cons of these two products, you can figure out which coffee machine is right for you.
- A sleek and slim single-serve coffee maker. Includes 4 K-Cup pods, a water filter handle + 2 water filters, and a bottle of descaling solution to help extend the life of your brewer. Dimensions :...
- 40 oz. water reservoir allows you to brew 4+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill
- Brews multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes (4, 6, 8, 10 oz.) and brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods to give you more coffee when you need it (Carafe sold separately)
- Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size
- A black and white touch screen makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute
Keurig introduced a variety of new set single-serve coffee makers that come in high-quality series. These models include good performance along with modern designs and colors which are suitable for both the home and the workspace. One of these single-serve coffee makers is the K250.
The Keurig K250 is a single serve coffee machine and it is available in several different colors giving you a wide range of options to choose from, according to your kitchen colors and preferences. It is also compatible with K-cups, the K-Mug, and K-Carafe pods.
Pros and Cons of Keurig K250
While the Keurig K250 comes with many different functions, the K55 is slightly simpler to use. Similar to the K250, the Keurig K55 is another single serve coffee machine that is also available in many different colors and comes with many different functions which will be discussed below. It is also compatible with the K-cup pods from almost every major coffee roaster, however, it is not compatible with K-carafe or K-mug pods.
- The Classic Keurig K-Cup Single Serve Coffee Maker. Includes 4 K-Cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 water filters to help your beverages taste their best.
- BREWS MULTIPLE K-CUP POD SIZES: (6, 8, 10 oz.) the most popular K-Cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6oz brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- LARGE 48 oz. WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill...
- DESCALING: An important part of cleaning your Keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time. Please refer to our descaling...
- AUTO-OFF: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
Pros and Cons of Keurig K55
Keurig K250 vs. Keurig K55: Overview
When you look at a side-by-side comparison of the Keurig K250 and the K55 model, one can see that they are essentially the same coffee machine but they have many different functions that make them very different.
The Keurig K250 and the K55 are two very different brewers and have many key differences that exist between them. The Keurig K55 is part of the Keurig 1.0 line which means that it is compatible with all of the Keurig K-Cup pods, whereas the K250 Keurig is under the 2.0 line and only works with pods that are Keurig-licensed.
Some Important Features to Consider
When it comes to brewing sizes, the Keurig 55 brews a maximum size of 10 oz coffee and the Keurig® K250 Coffee Maker brews up to 30 oz with special K-carafe pods. So if you are looking for more quantity, the K250 is definitely the right coffee machine for you. The K55 also has a larger water reservoir (48 oz) as compared to the Keurig K250. In addition, since the K250 is more compact, it does not weigh as much.
One of the contrasts between the two models is that the K55 Keurig does not come with a water filter but the K250 does. Therefore, if you need a water filter in your coffee machine, then the k250 model is the one for you.
In addition, the Keurig K55 Classic has a simple button interface which makes it easier to operate whereas the Keurig 250 has a black and white LCD display. The K55 also has a time Auto-On feature whereas the K250 does not.
Ease of Use
Easy operation makes Keurig stand out than their other competitors who also sell automated coffee machines. With just a single button, different volumes of coffee can be brewed once selected from the setting. These coffee machines both provide single cup options all the way to a whole carafe. The Keurig K55, however, only brews up to 10 oz coffee as compared to the K250 which brews up to a maximum of 30 oz.
Appearance and versatility
Both the K250 and the K55 are two very pretty models to look at and both come in unique colors. Both these models go well with everything else in your kitchen and match with all the other appliances. When it comes to versatility, the K55 model is designed to accept pods that are made by non-Keurig brands which make them very versatile, whereas the K250 is only compatible with the Keurig pods.
The K55 usually retails for fewer dollars than the Kuerig K250. However, if you are looking for something with advanced functions, then the K250 is worth the price. But, if you need something simple and for an affordable price, then the K55 option is the best model for you and your needs.
Conclusion: Which Coffee Machine Is Best For You?
Our Winner: Keurig K250
What’s the bottom line when it comes to which Keurig model to purchase? The Keurig K250 or the K55? This all depends on the customer and which types of features they are looking for in a coffee machine.
While keeping efficiency, accessories, compatibility, performance, price and other important features in mind, one can come with their own conclusion on which coffee machine to purchase.
Taking the price into consideration, the Kuerig K55 is cheaper but includes fewer accessories than the Keurig 2.0 K250.
Both models are unique and come with many features, so the decision depends on the customer and what their needs are.
Hi my name is Larry, a coffee aficionado from the US. I have already visited Colombia, Sumatra, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Jamaica in my pursuit of finding the best-tasting coffee beans. I currently write from Bali and enjoy the relaxed life that you can find only in Indonesia. Welcome to my coffee world!
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.