If you’re passionate about great coffee, then you’ll know the importance of getting a machine that not only produces the results you’re looking for but also compliments your kitchen and the style that you enjoy the best. With this in mind, you want to make sure that your choice of machine reflects your style and what you want.
The size of this machine makes it perfect for dorm rooms, small apartments or condos, and even small offices.
Keurig 2.0 K200 Review
The Keurig 2.0 K200 is a slick small machine that will easily fit into any kitchen space. It’s lightweight design mean that it’s easy to transport and it’s the perfect machine if you’re looking for a small simple to use coffee machine.
Keurig has been criticized in the past for creating a lot of plastic waste, in response to this criticism Keurig released its 2.0 line, which features reusable K-Cup pods to combat the plastic waste.
You can use the machine to brew a single K-Cup Pod or a K-Carafe Pod which will give you a four-cup carafe of coffee. So, the Keurig 2.0 K200 is a versatile machine, and there’s a lot to explore with the machine. Let’s dive in and take a closer look at some of the benefits and features of the product.
The Keurig 2.0 K200 is a very simple machine to use. One of the criticisms of the older model was that there were too many options for a small machine. If you’re looking at buying a small and affordable coffee machine then it’s important to consider how easy the machine is to use and the options it has available. At the end of the day, the most important feature of a coffee machine is its ability to give you great coffee in a timely manner.
The Keurig 2.0 K200 Features and Benefits
The machine gives you four different brewing sizes: 4, 6, 8 and 10 oz cup. Which is great as the maximum size on the old model was an 8 oz cup. The Keurig Keurig K200 is also compatible with the Keurig Carafe which means you can brew additional coffee, but it’s important to note that the carafe is sold separately from the machine.
The Keurig 2.0 K200 comes with a 40 oz water tank, which will produce a good amount of coffee and will get you through the morning! The machine takes less than a minute to pre-heat when you turn on the machine, the power button features a large Keurig logo on the front of the machine, so you can’t miss it.
The Water Tank also has a minimum amount line and maximum line. If you haven’t put enough water in the tank, the display screen will let you know that you need to add more in order to brew your coffee. The Water Tank is easy to remove, which makes for simple cleaning of the tank.
The machine also comes with a water filter, so you can remove any chemicals from your water before enjoying your coffee. The filter isn’t inbuilt into the machine, but it’s easy to attach to the water tank. Keurig has also included a cleaning disk for the machine, which is used for cleaning the nozzle on the machine. It also comes with a removable drip tray, so any overfill is easy to clean.
The Display Screen
Through the display screen as well, you can select the strength of the coffee you want. Keurig has also included a Hot Chocolate feature on this machine, so you have a more extensive range of beverages to choose from.
When you first start the machine, it will ask you if you want to cleanse the machine and dispense hot water. You should do this so that the machine is nice and clean for when you want to enjoy your first cup of coffee. This will get rid of the risk of your coffee, having a slight metallic or plastic taste to it.
You will also receive a complimentary box of coffee with your purchase, so you can begin trying great tasting coffee right away after you’ve purchased the machine! The coffee will take around one minute to brew after the machine has pre-heated, and the machine will let you know when the brew is ready.
Ease Of Use
The whole machine is straightforward to clean. With the removable tray, you can simply remove it and hand wash it. The Water Tank can be removed and cleaned this way as well. To keep the brew basket clean, you can simply perform a ‘water only’ cleaning cycle; you can do this by lifting and lowering the handle on the machine.
Along with the water filter included, Keurig has also included a sensor which will tell you when it is time to replace the filter.
Pros and Cons of the Keurig 2.0 K200
To get a closer look and to see if my experience with the Keurig K200 Plus was matched by other users, I decided to hop online and see how others had found the machine. Like myself, most people had very positive experiences using the machine.
Alternative Machines To Consider
The Keurig K250 is a slightly more expensive machine than the Keurig 2.0 K200. There are a few points to consider if you’re looking at the K250:
- The K250 comes with two water filters and a bottle of descaling solution, to help extend the life of your brewer.
- 2 Inch Touch Display Screen.
- The K250 also has a 40 oz water tank attached to the machine.
- The machine also comes with a removable drip tray like the K200 Keurig.
- Enjoy a wide range of beverages, whether you like your coffee strong, mild, decaf, or flavored the K250 can cater to all these options.
- What's in the box: 4 k cup pods, a water filter handle + 2 water filters, and a bottle of descaling solution to help extend the life of your brewer
- 40 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 4+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill
- Multiple k cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10 ounce) and brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods to give you more coffee when you need it (carafe sold separately)
- Strength control: a strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size.
- Black & white touch screen: makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute.
Check out our comparison guide to see the differences between Keurig K200 vs K250.
Another machine worth considering is the Keurig K475. It features a larger water tank than the Keurig 200. With a larger Water Tank, the K475 may be better suited to a larger group then the K200. Let’s take a look at a few of the features the machine has:
- 70 Oz Water Tank, which means you have to refill the tank even less than with the Keurig 2.0 K200 Plus.
- The machine includes a 4-cup starter carafe, 2 K-Carafe Packs, and 4 K-Cup Packs.
- The display screen has brewer maintenance alerts built in, so the machine will let you know when maintenance on your machine is required.
- Strength control feature on the display screen.
- An Illuminated water reservoir, which you can select the color of.
- What's in the box: 6 k cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best
- Large 70 ounce water reservoir: allows you to brew 8+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to...
- K cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
- Strength control setting: allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature
- Large color touch screen: with a digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is...
All in all, this machine is a solid alternative to Keurig K200.
The Final Words
If you’re looking for an easy to use, compact coffee machine, then I’d highly recommend the Keurig 2.0 K200. What this machine does so well is that it gives you great tasting coffee from the comfort of your own home. We all know that regular trips to the coffee shop can begin to add up. With buying an affordable but quality machine, your days of frequent trips for overpriced low quality coffee will be over.
The K200 will fit in well into any space; whether you want the machine for your kitchen at home, for your home office or even as a gift for someone you care about, the K200 will fit your needs. As it also comes in a variety of colors, so there is a machine to fit your style.
Hi my name is Larry, a coffee aficionado from the US. I have already visited Colombia, Sumatra, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Jamaica in my pursuit of finding the best-tasting coffee beans. I currently write from Bali and enjoy the relaxed life that you can find only in Indonesia. Welcome to my coffee world!
Last update on 2020-07-03 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.